The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Westfield Demands Homeschooler Follow Common Core September 18, 2014HSLDA helped a homeschool family who were told—according to a misguided policy—that their curriculum must follow the Common Core.
- Homeschool Families to U.S. Senate: Defeat UN Treaty! September 16, 2014Homeschoolers met with Senate staffers on Capitol Hill last week while calls poured in from fellow home educators—all in opposition to a dangerous UN disabilities treaty. Thanks to these efforts, a vote on the treaty could be delayed.
- Mike Farris Goes to Washington for Parental Rights September 16, 2014HSLDA Founder and Chairman Michael Farris testified before Congress last week of the need to enshrine parental rights in the U.S. Constitution.
- Feds’ Denial of Oklahoma’s NCLB Waiver Request is Politically Motivated September 12, 2014HSLDA Founder and Chairman Michael Farris suggests ways in which Oklahoma can respond to the federal government punishing the state for rejecting the Common Core.
- Fauquier County Seeks Names of Tutored Children September 10, 2014When a homeschool mom applied to be her children’s tutor, the local public school district asked for personal information to which it was not entitled.