The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- “Common Core” Encourages Proliferation of Nationalized Education Standards April 23, 2014
- Family Fights for Sick Homeschooled Child April 22, 2014A homeschool family whose son struggles with Lyme disease turned to HSLDA when officials threatened them with truancy charges.
- Religious Freedom Bill Passes—With Drama April 21, 2014Mississippi has joined 18 other states that have enacted statutes to protect religious freedom, but proponents of the legislation had to overcome an unexpected and vicious challenge in the process.
- “Home School Student” Redefined for HOPE Scholarship April 10, 2014The Tennessee Legislature has updated the definition of a “home school student” eligible to receive a HOPE scholarship.
- New Law Recognizes Home Instruction April 8, 2014With the enactment of Senate Bill 38, Alabama law now expressly recognizes home instruction by someone other than a state-certified private tutor as an option for complying with the compulsory school attendance requirements.