The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Superintendent Requires Oral Exams October 27, 2014HSLDA intervened when a public school superintendent implemented in-person oral examinations of homeschoolers. Our attorney pointed out that there is no legal authority for such exams.
- Lisbon Demands Homeschoolers Take SAT October 27, 2014HSLDA successfully countered a baseless demand that certain homeschoolers in a public school district were required to take the SAT.
- Prove to Us Where You Live October 27, 2014After being told it went beyond what the law requires, a public school superintendent agreed to end a policy of asking homeschoolers to provide proof of residency.
- Public School Wants Homeschoolers Back October 21, 2014HSLDA is concerned about reports of officials pressuring homeschoolers to enroll their children in the public school system.
- CPS Gets Education on Homeschool Law October 20, 2014A social worker asked an HSLDA member family to show that their homeschool had been approved, despite the fact that in this family’s case no approval was required by law.