The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Public School Wants Homeschoolers Back October 21, 2014HSLDA is concerned about reports of officials pressuring homeschoolers to enroll their children in the public school system.
- CPS Gets Education on Homeschool Law October 20, 2014A social worker asked an HSLDA member family to show that their homeschool had been approved, despite the fact that in this family’s case no approval was required by law.
- “You Need to Invite Me into Your Home” October 17, 2014HSLDA acted to help a member family avoid having to “invite” an official into their home to review their curriculum.
- Superintendent Refuses Public School Withdrawal October 14, 2014HSLDA helped a member family who was threatened with truancy charges after they tried to withdraw their 5-year-old from kindergarten.
- Westfield to Formally Drop Common Core Demands October 10, 2014A New Jersey school district is taking steps to repeal a policy that demands homeschool parents teach the Common Core to their children.