The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Blink: HSLDA Solves Problems Quick September 30, 2014HSLDA won’t guarantee speedy results, but on occasion our legal staff resolves members’ problems in days—even hours. Just ask a West Virginia high schooler overcharged by the local community college.
- Commission Recommends Homeschool Restrictions September 30, 2014In response to the tragic 2012 school shooting in Newtown, a commission has made preliminary recommendations that threaten the privacy and freedom of homeschool families.
- Surprise Veto Defeats Mandatory Kindergarten September 30, 2014God delivered a momentous victory when Governor Brown vetoed AB 1444, which would have mandated kindergarten for all students.
- Lee County Apologizes for Misleading Mailings Regarding Annual Assessment September 30, 2014After hearing from HSLDA, Lee County school officials apologized for sending a misleading letter about end-of-year assessments and promised to mail a correction.
- Westfield Demands Homeschooler Follow Common Core September 18, 2014HSLDA helped a homeschool family who were told—according to a misguided policy—that their curriculum must follow the Common Core.