The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Aspiring Teacher Told to Get GED July 29, 2014Questions about accreditation threatened to keep a homeschool graduate from completing courses at a teacher education institute—six years after she finished high school. HSLDA helped resolve the situation.
- Happy Homeschool Mom Hears “Not a Peep from the School Board!” July 29, 2014Public school officials were silenced and a new homeschool mom was happy after HSLDA intervened to confront unconstitutional “waiting period” requirements.
- Common Core State Standards Rejected July 25, 2014North Carolina became the 10th state to reject Common Core academic standards and testing when the governor signed Senate Bill 812.
- Discrimination Issue Solved in Favor of Homeschool Family July 25, 2014When an insurance company tried to deny a discount by questioning the legitimacy of a homeschooler’s report card, HSLDA intervened.
- Foreign Relations Committee Approves UN Disabilities Treaty July 22, 2014A Senate committee’s approval of a dangerous UN treaty means it could come up for ratification at any time. We need you to contact your senators and oppose this threat to parental rights and national sovereignty.