The most current feeds from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association appear below.
Urgent Legislation will be posted on MHEA’s Facebook page.
- Foreign Relations Committee Approves UN Disabilities Treaty July 22, 2014A Senate committee’s approval of a dangerous UN treaty means it could come up for ratification at any time. We need you to contact your senators and oppose this threat to parental rights and national sovereignty.
- Senate Defeats Anti-Religious Liberty Bill July 21, 2014Thanks to your efforts, the U.S. Senate rejected a bill that targeted religious freedom.
- Federal Student Financial Aid Issue Resolved July 18, 2014HSLDA helped a homeschool graduate after officials at a community college initially denied her admission and federal financial aid.
- Senate Committee to Vote on UN Disabilities Treaty July 17, 2014The U.S. Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee will vote on the dangerous UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on Tuesday, July 22.
- Senate Bill Targets Religious Freedom Act—Call Now! July 14, 2014A Senate bill would repeal certain Religious Freedom Restoration Act protections in an attempt to overturn the Supreme Court’s Hobby Lobby decision. We need your help to stop this dangerous legislation.